You're Going Die.......

            I recently learned that the day of my death will be Friday, December 10, 2032. All I had to do was provide my birthday and some heath information to a web site and instantly the day of my death was calculated. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t put much stock in this prediction. (It doesn’t even know how dangerous of a driver I am!) The Bible is clear that we don’t even know if we have another day. (James 4:13-16) But even if we could know when our final hour is, I don’t think many people would want that knowledge. We spend so much of our lives ignoring death that few would want to look and see how close it really is.
But for the Christian, death should not be something we cower from in fear. In 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, we read, “But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” This world is not our final place. We know that whenever our time is, our destination is secure!

Comments

Popular Posts