Keep Getting Wet

  Over the past several years, I have had the privilege to baptize several people into Christ. Even after all the experience I have gained, I very rarely am able to do it with out getting myself wet.  It's not a real bother to me except on those really cold day when I have to leave with wet sleeves.
  I got thinking about this, when I realized that in a sense whenever someone is baptized into Christ, I still get “wet”.  As I see a person added to the church, it takes me back to the time I made the decision to put on my Lord in baptism. I believe that is why evangelistic churches make strong churches.  If we are bringing others to Christ, it reminds and renews our own commitment to him. We may not literally be in the water, but we get “wet” by the visual reminder of how that water, by Jesus’ blood, has washed us clean.  In that sense, I hope the church never dries off.

Comments

Popular Posts