Don't Blame The Cat!


      During the summer my Mom would make the best tuna sandwiches for lunch. Every once in a while, I will get a craving for one of those sandwiches. I've learned I could make them pretty much the same for myself (but still not as good as Mom). I found out however that when I did I would have to fight off the cat because she also loved the tuna. It was such a problem that I just abandoned ever fixing them because it was such an inconvenience. 
   A few days ago, I had that craving for a tuna sandwich but I thought it is was just too much trouble. The sad part is that the cat is no longer with us, so the excuse is no longer valid. I had just gotten so use to giving the excuse; I had forgotten the reason for it.
  We can do the same thing in our commitment to the Lord’s work. Life forces us at times not be able to help the church as we have before. It may be an illness, a family problem, or a hectic schedule. But after those things have settled we don’t go back to our previous work. We use the same excuse even when the reason has passed. There is always help needed in the Lord’s church. When workers are needed make sure that you have a reason and not an excuse!

Comments

Popular Posts