Typo's of Life


  Last month I took some advice from a preacher friend of mine and created this blog to warehouse the collection of writings I have done. I figured this would be easy since I had already written all the articles; I would just have to transfer them online. But as I did, I noticed that many of them needed significant corrections. I started to panic thinking “Have my writing been that bad, had everyone seen my mistakes”? But then I remembered I have a Barbara. You see when I submit something to the bulletin, I print it off and hand it to our secretary and she will use her skillful eyes to help catch and correct my glaring mistakes. It is nice to have someone that can stand between you and your wrongs.
               In 1st  John 2:1-2 we read at how Jesus plays that role for the Christian. It reads,  And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.” Jesus not only aids us in seeing our sins; he also the only way to cover those mistakes as well. Barbara may keep me from looking foolish in print, but Jesus will keep us from facing the eternal cost of sin.

Comments

Popular Posts