Fred and Martha were
driving home after a church service. “Fred,” Martha asked, “did you notice that
the preacher’s sermon was kind of weak today?” “No, not really,” answered Fred.
“Well, did you hear that the song leader was off-key?” “No, I didn’t,” he
responded. “Well, you certainly must have noticed that young couple and their
children right in front of us, with all the noise and commotion they made the
whole service!” “I’m sorry, dear, but no, I didn’t.” Finally, in disgust Martha
said, “Honestly, Fred, I don’t know why you even bother to go to church.”
It’s good to be
observant, but if all we can do is find fault, maybe it would be better if we didn’t
pay attention.
Do not complain, brethren, against
one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is
standing right at the door.
James
5:9
Don’t be the person that
only bothers to bother others. One of the greatest lies we believe is that our
criticism and complaining is about doing any good. Finding fault is not just
demoralizing to others; it is a sin against our own soul (Jude1:16). When we judge
others, we miss the work we need to be doing on ourselves (Matthew 7:4-5)
If all we plan to do
is find fault in others, we shouldn’t even bother with it.

Comments
Post a Comment