What You Believe & Don’t

  Robert Quillen once said “Your character is built by what you stand for – your reputation by what you fall for”

  The things we believe are important but the things we don’t believe are just as important.

  Over and over in the Bible, we are warned “Do not be deceived”. Just because someone or something says something is true doesn’t mean it is. We have a responsibility to not only believe the truth but to make sure what we believe is the truth.

  In our world, today there is much concern about limiting false news. Yet one part of that equation that is often not discussed is the responsibility of verifying what we are told. If I tell a lie not knowing it is a lie, I’m still accountable for the lie.  I must be careful about what I say and what I resay from others

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.

James 1:26 

  I hate for someone not to listen to me on a matter of truth since I have been known to be fooled by so many lies. That is why we must be careful not to fall prey to the deceiving spirits of the world.  We don’t want to fall for anything. 

Comments

Popular Posts