I'm Not A Fool, But I Play One When I Get Angry

 
When I was in college I had had one of those days at work. Not only had I had to work on a Saturday, but that day everything didn’t work like it was supposed to.  So when I came home and my landlord had his car parked in my parking spot I was a little miffed. You see my landlord’s father lived next door and he would park there when he was visiting his dad. 
  But today it bothered me because the driveway was clear. I though how come he couldn’t park in his driveway and keep me from having to walk from down the street. So when I came in the door, I was ranting and raving about the big jerk who had parked in my spot. When I saw my roommate’s horrified face in took me a second to figure out what was going on. My landlord was parked there, not because he was visiting his Dad, but he had come over to our house to fix a plumbing problem personally since the plumber didn’t work on Saturday. It turns out he wasn't the jerk, I was!
Needless to say I felt quite the fool. 
   Proverbs 12:16 says: 
 A fool's anger is known at once, But a prudent man conceals dishonor."
  If we jump conclusions is anger, we will often find ourselves playing the fool. Next time you are tempted to fly off the handle in anger learn from my mistakes and don’t let it make you into a fool.

Comments

Popular Posts