The Lies We Tell Ourselves




It looks OK to me. –Eve                           One look won’t hurt. –Lot’s Wife
         No one will ever find out. – Bathsheba
                                           It’s just one little lie. –Ananias
After all I’ve done God will make an exception for me- Moses
                  She looks good to me. –Samson         
I’m smart enough to handle them- Solomon
                                               Even if everybody else denies you, I won’t. –Peter  
            I won’t get greedy. –Judas
                        Look, I had no other choice. –King Saul 
It’s not exactly what God said but I’m sure He won’t mind. – Nadab
               You have to keep up with the times.- Ahab 
                    He just asks too much. – Rich Young Ruler


Sound familiar? The lies we tell ourselves to justify our action. Ones we make to get us to feel better about what we are doing. We convince ourselves that the wrong is right. That even though it might be wrong for somebody else, this is the exception.
Those excuses and rationalization didn’t work for them. They don’t work for us either.

1 Corinthians 10:11-12
Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.

Comments

Popular Posts