Why So Serious?



I love a good joke.  Stay around me too long and you will probably hear a bad pun, a quick one liner, or some other quip.  At times I have been criticized for my sense of humor, but I learned without it I might not be around.  A 2005 study in the Handbook of Positive Psychology found that those who use humor to cope with stress tend to have especially healthy immune systems. It also found they are 40 percent less likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke, experience less pain during dental surgery and live four and a half years longer than average.  These results shouldn’t surprise us too much. Proverbs 17:22 tells us “A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones.” Once again the truth of the word of God proves itself. A good laugh can be the best daily pill you can take.

Comments

Popular Posts