Enter


 


One of the all-time classic Far Side cartoons involves a young man unable to enter the Midvale School for the Gifted. He is desperately pushing on the door right below the sign marked PULL.

  It’s funny cause it’s true. It is not the entrance that keeps us out but how we use it

 In Matthew 7:21-23 we read,”

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.'”

 Many folks think they can push their way into heaven if they do all the things they think are what get them there. But that’s not how you enter. The door opens when we step back and let the Lord open the way. Doing his will, not ours. Submitting instead of insisting. Trust and obey rather than demand and delay

 If I want to enter, I need to be smart enough to read the instructions.

Comments

Popular Posts