One Fish, Two Fish, Yellow Fish, You This?


  For those of you that don’t know it, I have a fish tank in my office. It was my sons, which passed down from his sister and now resides in my office. I had three fish in it.

  Had.

  A few months back, I was going to be gone for the week. Normally I feed them every day but when I’m going to be gone I put these little tablets that feed them for a couple of days or a week depending on their size. I was out of the week ones but I figure that if I feed them the day I left and the tablet worked for the next three, that would only leave them unfed for a day or two. No problem.

 So on my return, I went in to feed my three fish. But there was only two. No sign of the yellow one. Now it possible that someone came in and stole on little yellow fish and nothing else, but I think we know what really happened. That little fish became lunch.

For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.
Galatians 5:14-15

 It doesn’t just happen in the fishbowl, it happens in the church house. Congregations that are not being fed the word of God have a bad tendency to forget it principles and start in on one another. One it starts, pretty soon there are less and less folks around. Until it sits empty.

  Don’t think it’s not a problem when a body isn’t being fed. Don’t skip a meal at the table of the Lord. Don’t get to biting at other brothers. You don’t want to end up like the yellow fish.

  

Comments

Popular Posts