I'm Not Getting It And That Is A Good Thing



  We ask the waitress, “What’s good here that I will like”? We ask the politician “What you will do for me if I put you in office”? We ask the clerk “Do you have the item I want”? We ask the employer “What benefits do you offer”? We ask the church “What programs do you have for me and my family”?

  We want. Not only do we want, we want it faster, better, cheaper, and more convenient.  Our consumer mentality isn’t just limited to the retail world. It’s in the schools, the home and the even the church

  Provide for my needs. I want it. Give me. Now.

The leech has two daughters, "Give," "Give."
Proverbs 30:15

  The call of Jesus is something altogether different. Not to be served but to serve. To be last instead of first.  The least of these not what's best for me.

  How can I help? Let me assist. I’ll volunteer. Whenever

No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave
- Calvin Coolidge

  The ironic thing is the more we want the less satisfied we are. It is never enough. Yet the more we give the more we get.

  Honor. Happiness. Heaven.

“In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
Acts 20:35 


  Instead of asking what is in it for me, why not think of what I can do.  Using our hands instead of holding them out.  Not to get but to give.

Comments

Popular Posts