How Did This Happen?



  I can’t believe these politicians, why can't we get someone of character!  I don’t feel good, I think it is stuff they put in food nowadays!  My company let me go because of this terrible economy.  Little David failed his test; those teachers must not be doing their job.

   Now it may be just that. Or it may be that have a diet consisting of nothing but Twinkies and soda, spend more time surfing the web than actual doing our job, never once have checked if little David is doing his homework and constant vote for candidates that benefit ourselves rather than ones that show integrity.

  Could we consider for just a moment that we might have some responsibility for our fate?

  Human beings have a bad habit of finding everyone at fault for a given situation other than themselves.  We can see others specks so much better than our planks.  But consider what the scripture says:

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
Galatians 6:7

  We may not like it but the course of our lives is much
more determined by the choices we make that the whims of fate.  We are products of our choices.  We can't expect good things in our lives if we don’t do anything to make them happen.  We can’t deceive ourselves into thinking our negative behaviors will leave us clean and unaffected.

  This is especially true in our spiritual lives. If I don’t go to Bible class, never read my Bible, only pray when it's expected, and only pay attention to the lesson when it is something I like, how then can I ever expect to grow? You can’t reap without sowing!  Before we bemoan the state of the church, our nation or even our own families, we first must turn the gaze inward and look it to see if may our own action (or inactions) are the reason in the first place.


  The best thing about this is we CAN change ourselves. I may not be able to fix Washington, the school system or the economy but I can work on me.  

Comments

Popular Posts