When You Don’t Want To Be A Biblical Preacher


  I once had an elder describe a person as a Biblical since he “appears for a little while and then vanishes away” (James 4:14).  Some verses are easy to apply to people.  I would like to think that someone might apply Acts 18:24 to me, (an eloquent man … mighty in the Scriptures), but my guess is it probably is one of these;

Top Ten Verses You Don’t Want Applied To You As A Preacher
1.     2nd Corinthians 10:10
For they say, "His letters are weighty and strong, but his personal presence is unimpressive and his speech contemptible."

2.     Jeremiah 1:6
Then I said, "Alas, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak,

3.     Job 19:17
"My breath is offensive to my wife, And I am loathsome to my own brothers.

4.     1 Timothy 1:7
even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.

5.     Psalms 73:22
Then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.

6.     1 Kings 18:29
When midday was past, they raved until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice; but there was no voice, no one answered, and no one paid attention.

7.     Jeremiah 10:8
altogether stupid and foolish In their discipline of delusion…!

8.     2 Timothy 3:7
always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
           
9.     Psalms 5:9
There is nothing reliable in what they say; …

10.  Job 16:3
"Is there no limit to windy words?

  True Biblical preaching isn’t taking scriptures out of context to fit your ideas but helping everyone to see the truth found in the Scriptures. That is why good preachers, Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you (1 Timothy 4:16).

Comments

Popular Posts