Let Me Tell You Something...


“Words of the Preacher: A study of the wisdom of Ecclesiastes”
  The hardest lesson that I had to learn when I first started in ministry was simply no matter what you do, or how carefully you act, you will be verbally criticized. Sometimes the words can be legitimate and helpful but often it’s nothing more than just hot air. I found it difficult to accept since I would try to analyze why people would say the things they did, what I had done wrong, or how I should have handled things. I spend many sleepless nights worrying about it until I discover the wisdom of the Preacher in Ecclesiastes 7:21-22. He tells us, “Also, do not take seriously all words which are spoken, so that you will not hear your servant cursing you.  For you also have realized that you likewise have many times cursed others.” We all say things we don’t mean, or didn’t mean to be mean. So will others.  If we talk everything said about us personally, we will be miserable.  Sometimes the best way to handle those that speak against you is to remember to just laugh it off.

Comments

Popular Posts