You’ll Be Back

 


  I’ve done it to many times to count. I will go to a restaurant and be unimpressed with the food, the service, the cost, or any host of things. Then I’ll declare quite sincerely that “I won’t be going back”. Now fast forward a few months and we be out, and the choices are limited, and I want something different, so guess where we will end up?

 

  It doesn’t just happen there. We often find ourselves in situations we don’t want to be in and when we finally escape, we swear we won’t be back. Until we are.

 

  Satan knows and uses this tendency in his temptations. I might get burned with a bad meal if I fall for it at a restaurant but I could lose my soul if I don’t see Satan’s trap.

 

 We go back because we forget why we left in the first place. We go back because we slip into old patterns. We go back because we don’t make a clean committed break. We go back because we don’t replace bad with good leaving a void. We go back because we listen to the lie that this time it will be different.

  If you know it is time to go, make sure you also now it’s time to stay away as well!

 

But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

Hebrews 10:39

Comments

Popular Posts