Comparing Contrast



  I’m normally not one for changing scripture but follow me on this one. In Romans 14:4 we read:

Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

  Now read it again and change one word. Make judge compare. Why do you compare yourself with the servant of another? When you think about they are reflective words. Comparison is a form of judging. Yet comparison is typically done negative towards ourselves. Why am I not as good as them? How come I can’t do what they do? Why do they get all the breaks?

 This form of judging is all too common in our world. We create in others an ideal that we can’t meet, then wallow and worry about our failures? Failures to whom? God will be our judge; not our skewed perceptions.

But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
Romans 14:10 

  God doesn’t expect us to be them, nor should we. God expects us to be the person he made us to be. Trying to keep tabs and keep up with other servants isn’t the way to please our master.  I can’t be them. God won’t judge me by them. But he will judge me by Him.

 Am I being the best me He can make me be?

Comments

Popular Posts