No, No It’s Not Ok


  My Father worked for Coca-Cola all his life so, around our house, Pepsi was a bad word. Even today, if a waiter asks for my drink order and I tell him a Coke product and he responds, “Is Pepsi Ok”, I barely can keep the disdain out of my voice when I say I don’t want that filth touching my lips. I guess if that is all there is and I am absolutely dying of thirst, it could work…. Once.  Just don’t tell my Dad.

  It’s just not a substitute for the real thing.

  In Hebrews 10:4, we read “For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins”. So why then were so many animals sacrifices offered then? It is all they had. It wasn’t as good, couldn’t live up to the task and didn’t cleanse completely, but they didn’t have what could.

  We do.

  The blood of Jesus completes. It’s the real deal. Only with his blood can we get what we so desperately want and even more desperately need. Forgiveness.

  So why do we try to substitute it with something else?  Works of the law, manmade religion, clean living, charitable giving, whatever it is we think makes up for our sins, they don’t satisfy the requirements. Our heavenly Father has given us the only thing that will.

  
 Accept no substitutes.

Comments

Popular Posts