Never Going To Give You Up


  Jesus often demanded people give up something to follow him. For the rich young ruler, it was money. For another man, it was his comfortable lifestyle. For another, it was his family. For another, it was his perceived responsibilities. For others,
it was their possessions.

  The ‘what’ didn’t seem to be the issue as much as the ‘what it meant to the person’. Think about the thing that feels most important to you and that was probably what Jesus was going to ask you to give up. It wasn’t a mean streak in him, rather he wanted to consider what you were getting into (Luke 14:26-33).

  It is easy to think that it wouldn’t be a problem for you to give up whatever until the moment it happens. Yet time and time again, people walk away saddened since they just can’t give up it up.

  For some it is an experience, for others, it is a place. For some it is friends, for others it is family. Yet the question is still the same. Can we leave it behind to follow the Lord?

  I love my family, but I can’t put them before the Lord. I care dearly for my friends, but I can’t walk with them into sin and away from Jesus. My church family is great, but I can’t stay with them if it means turning on my heavenly Father. Any blessing of God is never to outweigh God himself.


 Anything put in front of the Lord is not worthy to be there!

Comments

Popular Posts