I Blame Someone Else


The woman's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day. One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer. As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, "My dearest, you have been with me all through the bad times. When I was laid off, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I was robbed and got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. You know what?" "What dear?," she gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth. "I think you're bad luck."

  Sometimes, like this fellow, we jump to the wrong conclusion. Rather than see things for what they really are we put our own spin on things. Like when we say:
God wants me to be happy, so it is fine to stay in this sinful relationship.
This is a sin but  we should go along with it since good will come from it.
Nothing immediately bad happened to me, so it must be OK.
God made me this way, so my actions are justified.
People have accepted it so God will as well.
  
  Basically no matter how we put it, our conclusion is God is causing this so he must be fine with it.  But consider what the scripture says;
James 1:13-15
Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone  But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.  Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
Don’t jump to the conclusion that your sinful choices are somehow God’s fault. When sin, death, and it’s ruin come to you, don’t blame God.  Until we realize, the true nature of circumstances and why we are their can we ever come to appreciate how wonderful God is to provide forgiveness

Comments

Popular Posts