A Reminder of Importance…



  If I’m the greatest speaker anyone has ever heard, on all the lectureships, could be doing a meeting every week if you wanted, If people hang on my every message and consider it as close to the “Word of God” as you can get…
But don’t have love; I’m just making a bunch of meaningless noise

  If I’m on the cutting edge of every new thing, incorporating all the latest technology, If I have a bachelors, a masters, and a doctorate, I am published in all the brotherhood works, have a bestselling book, a must read blog and thousands followers on twitter and if I stand on the right side of every issue, confront every wrong and win every debate…
But don’t have love, it doesn’t really matter

  If I have out worked everyone else, done more than all my critics, been the better man, took the bullet for the eldership’s mistakes, been the sacrificial lamb  
But don’t have love, it wasn’t really worth it
Love is that important.
  So I better figure out what love is, what it is not and what love does.

  Because there will come a time when I’m not the latest and greatest new thing. When my style and gimmicks will grow stale, I will mess up and everyone will realize that I’m just a normal human and don’t quite have everything figured out.  That I don’t have all the answers, that I don’t know it all, that I’m weak and childish and still have a lot to learn.

 When I love however, it helps me overcome all my weaknesses.

 Now I know, I have to stand for the truth, I have to trust that God will handle the problems and I have to continue to treat other right, even if they don’t act the way they should.

But the thing most important thing I have to do is love.

Comments

Popular Posts