The Most Difficult Words


I must have been sick on the day they taught phonics in school. If I don’t recognize a word by sight, I can find some amazing ways to mispronounce it. The worst part is that even when I know I am speaking it incorrectly, my brain and my mouth won’t cooperate to do it right. I cringe when I know I have to use certain words in a lesson because no matter how much I practice, I’m not sure how it will come out.
            However, I know that those difficult words are not the hardest word for people to say. The hardest words to say are sometimes the most simple to pronounce. Phrases like, “I’m sorry” and “I was wrong” and “I have sinned”. The longest, hardest walk many ever will take is the steps down the aisle when they come forward.
            It would behoove us to remember this when people need to say those words. We need to do everything to support them and encourage them. We should never hinder someone’s need for repentance with our judgments or indifference. Jesus tells us in Luke 15:7 that “there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.”  God’s desire is for man to see the error of his ways and come home. We need to make sure we don’t do anything that would hinder someone from making that journey.

Comments

Popular Posts