What To Read


It is a very happy time for me right now because my son Calvin is starting to learn to read.  And if I know anything, it is that reading is the best learning tool we have. As a student of history, I know that any successful person you look at in American history was a reader. The knowledge and stimulation that comes from the written word is unmatched. I encourage not only my child but any young person I talk to read as much as they can.
  The best thing you can read is the word of God. The greatest periods of restoration in history have come from reading the word of God. (Example Nehemiah 8-9) Thomas Jefferson said that, ”The studious perusal of the Sacred Volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands.”  Abraham Lincoln said reading the word of God was, “ the best cure for the blues’ and the Bible itself was, “.. the greatest gift God has given to man.”  Lord Tennyson said “Bible reading is an education in itself.” Paul told Timothy in 1 Timothy  4:13  “Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching.” With all this we know about reading the Bible, is it not sad that so many Bibles sit unread each day? Let’s vow to make sure we don’t waste the tremendous resource for life that we have in the Bible!

Comments

Popular Posts