Take A Look, It's In A Book

When I find myself in a mental block, I have made it a habit to go to the library and troll for ideas. I will wander the stacks looking for a book that might give me a spark of creativity. It always amazes me how many different books are out there.  Any topic, any person, any event, it seems has a book about. (I saw a book called “The Drinking Water Book”) It reminded me of what the preacher said in Ecclesiastes 12:11-12, “The words of wise men are like goads, and masters of these collections are like well-driven nails; they are given by one Shepherd. But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.” There is great wisdom that can come from the library (and other places of learning), but also folly. Earthly wisdom will never exceed the wisdom of God. In our desire to gain more knowledge, we must be careful not to pull ourselves from the truth of God.  

Comments

Popular Posts