Lesson From Lunch

Monte will often times take me out to lunch. Last week not only did he buy me lunch but also taught me a valuable lesson. As we entered the restaurant, the manager made it a point to come by and say hello to Monte.  I asked Monte if he knew him but he replied not really, but he had talked to him on one of his last visits. He told me that when he came in to eat last time he had asked to talk to the manager. He told him how good the service had been and he was impressed with the way the restaurant had been run. He said that the man nearly fell over. Most of the time when someone asks to talk to the manger it is not a pleasant experience. He was overjoyed and even gave Monte a coupon as a thank you to use the next time he came back. It got me to thinking, as a person who often is irked about the service I receive, I never really compliment or express gratitude when I get what I expect to get. Just think what might change if I did. I think I've been amiss about this because I’ve just come to expect good service so I don’t act positively when I receive it. Should consistency remove our need to praise excellence? How many good works are done so well week in and week out in the church that we have come to expect it? Should we neglect to praise and reward those that do this because they are continually good at their work? How many elders and deacons and workers could be overjoyed if instead of coming with complaints, we take the time to praise them for a job well done?
Romans 13:7-8

Comments

Popular Posts