The Heroes In The Pews

Hebrews 10:24-25 tells us, “and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.”  I know that I do not have to look too hard at any assembly to see Christians that can inspire me. It may be the grandmother that takes the extra effort to make sure her grandchildren are at services or the elderly women that braves frigid weather and her own poor health to worship with saints. It is the man that comes in his work clothes because he has just left his job, or the working parent that comes to teach Bible class even though they still have a days worth of work left for them at home. It is these folks that show me there are still people dedicated to the Lord and know the value of worshiping him and being with those of like faith. They inspire me to keep the faith and to resist my own feeble excuses. They inspire me to do more, to reach out and help. In short, they help me be a better Christian. And that’s just one Wednesday night.

Comments

Popular Posts