A Good Excuse

My Excuses
Someone sat in my favorite spot in services.

I don’t have any extra time to do anything at church.

I don’t want people to make fun of me for my faith.

The leadership at church doesn’t do things like I want them to.

The conditions at services are uncomfortable.

Jesus’ Excuses
But the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Matthew 8:20

 "I shall be with you a little while”        John 7:33

 “The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed,” Luke 9:22

 “But the chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people sought to destroy Him,” Luke 19:47

 “Then they struck Him on the head with a reed and spat on Him;” Mark 15:19



When you compare them, Jesus had much better excuses for him not live the life he was called to than we do. Aren’t you glad he never used any of them? Maybe we shouldn’t either!

Comments

Popular Posts