The Best Singer

Last week I was forced by friends to watch American Idol.  I’m not a fan of any reality show but his one is especially annoying to me. I think it comes down to the fact that I am tone deaf and I can’t ever figure out why the judges and audience pick the people that they do. What makes this one so good and other so bad?  The talent just doesn’t come through to me. If I had to pick best singer, it would be my daughter when I lean over in services and hear her singing. It may not be perfect pitched but it affects me like no other. It is because she is my daughter and I love her and love when she is doing what I asked her to do. This must be why God chose for us to worship him in song. God doesn’t hear the talent or the skill. He hears the heart of  His beloved children obeying His will. Many today will go to extreme (and sometimes unscriptural) ways to “improve” worship in human terms.  Those terms don’t matter to God. Worship to God has always been those who love God showing God their love by going to Him in the way He commands.

Comments

Popular Posts