What Does Your Money Say About You

Some units of currency were well worn and about to be taken out of circulation. As they sat together pondering their lives, the hundred dollar bill spoke up, “It was a good existence, I traveled the world, I was spent in some the finest shops and restaurants. I was used to buy the best items, attend premier events and gain access to the things few will ever experience. What was it like for the rest of you?” The twenty dollar bill responded, “I was constantly spent but I never travel far from my hometown. I was used to take care of the day to day things. I bought the groceries, visited the hardware store, and paid the laborers. It was me that filled the car with gas, paid the bills and got dinner for the family. Finally, the lowly one dollar spoke up and said, “That all sounds great, All I ever did is go to church, go to church, go to church.”
There might be some truth in that old joke. But Jesus told us a very important truth in Matthew 6:21. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” In this life do we put our treasure in things? (Not just money, but time, effort and energy?) Are our treasures used in worldly pursuits or are they heavenly focused? When we “go out of circulation”, how will our lives have been spent?

Comments

Popular Posts