Unmentionables

As I was moving boxes during the move, I ran across one labeled “unmentionables.” It caught my attention because that word struck me as rather old fashion. In our modern world, it seems, nothing is unmentionable. Watch any television program and even the commercials are filled graphic content. Last week, I walked into Wal-Mart and the first display as I came in was filled with a movie that had swear word in the title. It appears we have lost any semblance of what is appropriate and dignified. It reminds me of what was said by the prophet in Jeremiah 6:15 “Were they ashamed because of the abomination they have done? They were not even ashamed at all; They did not even know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time that I punish them, They shall be cast down," says the LORD.” When a society gets to the point it can’t even be embarrassed because nothing is left unspoken, that society is ripe for a fall.

Comments

Popular Posts