Plumbing With A Jackhammer

A few months back I had a leak in my shower. As I attempted to fix the problem the issue grew bigger and bigger until this last weekend, I found myself renting a jackhammer to take out the floor of the shower.  I had never used this type of tool before and I was expecting a lot of work. Even in such a small area, I envision the hours of work necessary to chip off inch by inch the concrete floor. I quickly learned however that it wasn’t all that difficult to do. While the entire floor as one piece was strong and immoveable, once I put a few cracks in the floor with the tool, it broke apart rather easy. It reminded me of the body of Christ. When it is bonded together in a spirit of unity, it is strong and steadfast. But when it is cracked with gossip and arrogance, fractured with complaining and infighting, or split with accusations and agenda, it quickly crumbles. Ephesians 4:3 tells us “be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”   Without unity, we can go from the solid rock to scattered dust.

Comments

Popular Posts