Judge Me By My Spelling, Do You?

Anyone that has ever read this column knows that I am a terrible speller. I must have been sick the day they gave out the ability to spell at school because I have always struggled with it. It really bothers me because over the years I have noticed that many people associate spelling with intelligence. Spell too many words wrong and people will assume that you are not very smart. Now I can see the correlation in some regards but I feel I am an intelligent person (Maybe there’s my problem) and I think people will misjudge me on an assumption. People have a tendency to do just that. Something will have a relation but not in every way. For example, a faithful Christian will be faithful in attendance.   But a person may be in the building every time the doors are open but still not be living a life outside that is not pleasing to God. We may assume one leads to another but it is not always the case. In judging ourselves we need to base our thinking on what is rather than what we assume to be.

Comments

Popular Posts