Is The Bible Missing From Our Courts?

Last year Donald Williams was to publicly sworn in as a judge in Ulster County, N.Y., on Jan. 2. What makes this story odd is that because the main offices were closed, the Bible used in the swearing in ceremony was unavailable. They looked for a Bible but couldn’t find one. So he was sworn in on a dictionary. I guess the Bible really is missing from our courts.  All joking aside, I know the pain of not being able to find my Bible. I have so many one is never too far out of reach, but it does remind me of an important verse. Psalm 119:11 says, “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” When we take the word of God out of the book and into our hearts and minds, it can never be taken from us. It will never be out of reach or lost. The power and wisdom that is in the Bible will never be too far away.

Comments

Popular Posts