I'M Not Going To Tell You...



   If I have learned anything as I have gotten older, it is when people tell you that they are not going to do something, it probably means they are. If the speaker says he going to try not to bore you, you will be bored. When someone tells you they “don’t want to tell you what to do”, they are about to do just that. If the boss says “I won’t interfere”, expect some interference. I don’t think people mean to be dishonest; it just seems they can keep their own truth. 
   True honesty isn’t just not telling lies but holding to the truth. Saying you will or won’t do something and not keeping your word, is little different in practice than telling an outright lie. As the faithful we need to, as we read in Ephesians 4:25, “lay aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.”

Comments

Popular Posts