I judge churches by their tract racks



Over the years I have visited churches in many towns and
places.  In every place, I find myself drawn to the tract rack or some comparable place where literature is found. Over the years I have noticed that I can usually get a better sense of the church from their tract rack than any other measure.
 You see some churches don’t really have any kind of tract rack at all. They are happy in their ignorance and don’t really want to change anything. Other have something, maybe a pamphlet about the church or salvation, but it has yet reached its full potential.
  Some churches have a tract rack but it died a long time ago. The tracts are discolored and old and have fused together over the years because no one has ever taken one. Others have plenty of tracts but all they teach is about the why everything is wrong and nothing that would build up members and visitors. On the other side, you have those that are full of tracts of various subjects but they contain denominational principles and erroneous doctrines.
Some will look wonderful, with flashy bright covers that had to cost a pretty penny, but the messages inside those covers isn't so hot. However; you will find those places that may have not have spent a lot of money but the content and covers are good. The care of these brochures is top notch.  You can tell that they want people to know the truth and are finding ways to get that message across.
I guess what I am saying is seems to me this small work of the church is a reflection of attitudes of the church as a whole. When we stay faithful in little things, we will be faithful in the larger things as well.
Ref. Revelation 2-3

Comments

Popular Posts