A Little Birdie Told Me

I had a frustrating day a few weeks back and decided I was going to pick up something for dinner rather than go home and cook. As I called in the order the person on the other end didn’t have the best “phone voice” and was difficult to understand. After I thought I had finished the call, I made a disparaging remark about how this place needed to get someone that could speak to answer the phone. It was then I realized that my phone was still turned on. I don’t know if the person heard me or not but I sure avoided eye contact when I picked up my order and double checked to make sure my food was in proper shape. It reminded me of Ecclesiastes 10:20 which says, “Furthermore, in your bedchamber do not curse a king, and in your sleeping rooms do not curse a rich man, for a bird of the heavens will carry the sound and the winged creature will make the matter known.” We all must be careful in what we say because we never know who might hear it. A careless word can not only cause us embarrassment and problems but also can lead to far worse fates. Words have power. Words used improperly and foolishly can have the power to destroy!  

Comments

Popular Posts